Wednesday 30 December 2009

The Same Journey - but by train

I have wittered on about the motorway food stops I have had to endure but this time because of time constraints I have had to do a journey up-north by train. I love taking the train. I used to go back and forth from London to Yorkshire (3hours) each Christmas and 1 or 2 times throughout the year, but Christmas was the best time. I got totally prepared with a cheese, salami, crusty bread, olives....and a little bottle of wine. I had my book and mini disc player (remember those, they never quite made it did they) and I always booked a seat by the window with a table.
This train journey I was just as prepared (table seat, window, no music though, just a good book). The guy opposite with his Toshiba plugged in working hard on the way to Newcastle told me my train picnic smelt amazing and that he was quite jealous (he purchased a sandwich from the trolly- oh dear!). I introduced him to Stinking Bishop, he liked, a lot, and he's now going to seek out his nearest deli.
Think I'll have to splash out and go by train again. I could do cheese and wine tasting sessions to pass the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment