Thursday 1 April 2010

Easter Eggs

The other day I was asked the question 'are we doing eggs this year?' . Of course we're doing eggs this year I thought. I already had bought given egg. I looked at all the eggs and decided to go back to the first one. A banoffee pie milk chocolate egg from Chocolate Alchemist. Smallish but perfectly suitable for the banoffee pie lover in my life. I would like a dark chocolate egg filled with violet creams, from my favourite chocolate maker, Audreys. They don't deliver eggs (only more solid chocs) and I guess P won't get there easily or in-time so I'll have to just accept a Green & Blacks (ok, not just, but not first choice) or something he can easily get hold of nearer to work.
At least I won't get a massive but rather thin chocolate (sorry is 23% cocoa actually chocolate?) egg from a huge brand who spent more on the packaging than the chocolate....and sadly underpaid the cocoa farmer!
Don't buy these eggs and think you're celebrating Easter. Celebrate with a smaller egg of the finest quality chocolate your purse strings can stretch to. After all, you'll have lost all that weight from giving up chocolate/cake/biscuits/alcohol(well done you if alcohol) then put it straight back on in one day. Small is beautiful after all.

1 comment:

  1. The last easter egg o recieved was from dad 4 years ago. It did not arrive in the egg form either. Instead it was a lump of chocolate with a paper bag inside filled with a lump of arosa chocolates. It was annoying for the reason I couldn't make fish and chips- remember them? But it was fun too. Not knowing with each bite of said lump how much paper you would eat and what delicious filling you were getting. And of course I got to eat half of one choc with half of another!!
    I will insist that Jeff and I start a proper UK Easter chocolate egg tradition also insisting he follow your instructions of quality over quantity.

    ReplyDelete