Wednesday 14 April 2010

Go-Large for Breakfast

I ordered egg and sausage....I don't understand why I got two eggs, two sausages plus two slices of toast with butter and jelly (jam) and bubble and squeak (or something similar). I think it's just because in America (I'm in NYC at the mo) they always want meals 'larger'. But when I wanted egg and sausage that's all I really wanted, honestly it really is. So I had all this extra food, and I was brought up not to leave anything on my plate or I couldn't get down from the table, so I ate it (except the 'grape' jelly). I was really full all day and only had a tiny bit of sushi at 3pm to get me through to dinner.
It made me think that eating a full English breakfast wouldn't be such a bad idea. I didn't loose concentration at all through the day. I didn't need a snack at all (and I was stood looking at chocolate and brownies all day). These miners had it made eating a full English before heading down the pit. I knew northerners had it right.

3 comments:

  1. Some breakfasts are bigger than your head in NYC. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those eggs look good. Not sure about the bangers though, do the yanks do a good sausage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, their pork is not as good as ours so I'd say not. Though Irish are the best I think. And of course no black (or white) pudding here.

    ReplyDelete