Thursday 29 April 2010

Mostly Drinking American Wine

I have been shopping in my local (NYC) wine shop, Vintners on 9th Ave & 46th St. I am most impressed that they don't have any beer, cider etc and that it has just a very good and large range of wine.

Trying to stick to American (and South American) wines for my entertaining and to keep away from anything I might see on a shelf in UK. Quite easy too as most of it I don't recognise, except for some from the other parts of the world, France and Australia. Being a fan of most grape verities I am working my way through and have a little line up on my kitchen worktop, empty of course!
I shared a bottle of Pinot Noir from Oregon, with JK that I’d bought because of the blue label, and the fact the wine sales guy said it was good easy drinking; JK also commented on the blue label, boys always like blue eh!
Such a weird and, frankly, brave colour for food/wine labelling, I wanted to see if it worked. We'll it disappeared quite quickly so I think the fresh berry nose with good acidity and soft tannins was a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment