Wednesday 28 October 2009

The Slindon Pumpkin


Having not been in Sussex that long I was a new to the Slindon-Pumpkin-visit one must participate in before Halloween.
On this bright Monday, what great weather we’re getting this Autumn, I set off to find Slindon and the pumpkins. I gathered I was on the right track when I couldn’t park in this little village, lots of dirty 4x4’s (yes, people actually can claim to need them out here, unlike in Chelsea) and children everywhere. It’s half term so they were out in force. I parked, followed the crowds and arrived at the farm.
Fantastic! The roof is covered in pumpkins, a picture of butterflies and flowers. At Christmas we always drive out to see a particular house, one of those slightly mental OTT houses with snowmen, santa’s, sleighs, stars etc. Electricity bill-wow! I’ll be back to see the pumpkins, very clever and a must on the Sussex calendar.





2 comments:

  1. Yay, I love pumpkins. That roof is awesome! Did you buy one to make a face from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got one in my veg box so i didn't want to go overboard. I'm up north for halloween, thank goodness as ran out of sweets last year as so many trick or treaters.

    ReplyDelete